Here come the warm jets

Taking Tiger Mountain by strategy
Spurred on by rampant miniature envy when Axiom actually painted one of the Marauder Psyker Gang figures I dragged the brushes out slapped the pigment on two of the gang.


Add caption
The guy on the left makes me think of Elmer Fudd for some reason and I'd done 90% of him but for some reason didn't get him finished. The guy on the right already had his flesh done (I tend to do batches of flesh on models, no idea why, just habit) but his weird outfit had troubled me so I hadn't gone any further. When Axion did his i was able to read the sculpt a bit better and was able to get both figures done in an evening.

Where Axiom invoked Elton John I instead see the psykers more like classic 70's Eno, between the original Roxy line-up and before he went all ambient. He did a series of 'rock' albums that are amongst my favourite records and 'Here come the warm jets' (a metaphor for having a piss) was the first so I'll quite happily pinch it as the name of the gang. I think i'll name the gang after characters in the songs as well although i'm not sure 'The fat lady of Limbourg' will fit somehow.


Here are the Warm Jets so far. I'm going to base (or in the case of the first figure, rebase) them when they are all painted.
Rarr! I melt your head with my random synth noodling!
Which means I have to get this guy painted and roll up the gang proper to see how many members it should have. I have already done it once and got 4 psykers and 1 non-psyker so I reckon I'll stick to that as I've got the figures to do it with.


In other Confrontation news I won this on ebay yesterday. Yep. thats an New in blister Marauder scavvy gang. I'm so looking forward to getting my hands on these guys and adding them to my growing crowd of bottom feeders. The plan is coming to fruition!
In addition to this Myself and some other Confrontation fans have set up a facebook group to talk about that very subject so if you want to come along and chat it'd be very nice to see you.


One more piece of hobby news, as I was reviewing my mounted troops for my hobgoblin army I realised that I had a copy of Ghazak Khan just as my Temple Dog came in the post. A match made in heaven!


Comments

  1. Even "Limbourg" would do as a reference name.
    I'm getting some prog rock envy myself at this stage, those guys are fab.

    I don't know those albums at all. I have a few hours painting at home today. I'll give Warmaster Jets a listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can recommend most of his albums but 'Here come the warm jets', 'Taking Tiger Mountain', and 'Another Green World' are all great, 'Before and After Science' is his last 'Rock' album really but he's done loads of weird stuff. 'No Pussyfooting' is him and Robert Fripp noodling for an entire album

      Delete
  2. It's nice to give all these glam-rock icons an airing! The new additions look great - I particularly like the glasses on the guy in the pinky-purple jumpsuit. They will certainly be an eye-catching gang once you paint up the remaining two members.

    Did you decide on a model for the non-psyker member in the end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm going with one of the bounty hunter models. He has a very high hairline so will fit the Eno-esque look.

      Delete
    2. And can always use tanglebones

      Delete
  3. Awesome looking gang. Class looking figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eno and miniatures. Two of my biggest loves and the most unlikely Venn diagram, or so I thought. You've made my day! Another Green World and Music For Airports are two of my favourite albums.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool!
    Where did you get your hands on that Temple Dog? I could use one with my Nippon -dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebay mate, just need to be patient. Theres one on the olhammer trading group just now

      Delete
    2. Okey, I will search ebay...
      Oldhammer trading group, I guess is a FB-group or?

      Delete
    3. Yeah sorry, Facebook trade group.

      Delete

Post a Comment