Speed painting a scavvy

Over on the Oldhammer forum and FB group, Orlygg accidentally started off a craze for attempting to speed paint a mini in an hour. As the Mrs nipped next door to baby sit for a bit I thought I'd give it a go. I didn't bother choosing colours or sorting paints out before hand as I was interested how long a normal paint job might take me. I decided to do another Scavvy for the gang and I took a photo every 10 minutes to document how I was doing.

10 mins - Some basic colours on skin, coat, trousers, hood and sleeves.


20mins - Highlights on all of the above plus a wash on the skin.

30 mins - 2nd highlights on the clothes, details on face, base coats on metals and strappings.

40 mins - washes on metals and highlights  in strappings as well as other details

45mins - 2nd highlight on straps and bandages as well as other details. Silver on metals followed by second wash. Feet and bandages tidied up.

Job done!

Comments

  1. Great job sir! Your head swap makes the most of that old model and the green gives him a 'grubby Robin Hood feel'. What are you going to do with the base?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The base is going to get done to match the rest of my scavvies, again a quick and simple job.

      Delete
  2. Looks good! I would never believe you only spent 45 minutes painting him, if you hadn't said so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bottom line under all those pictures seems to be "pull your fingers out" directed at all those (like me) who'd have spent those 45 minutes decuding what to do, miwing some colours on the palette and working on 2 other things...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flipping awesome work, puts my sped painting efforts to shame lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work! The fact that you were able to get your base colors onto that much metal in just 10 minutes is mind boggling to me. I think that took me 30 minutes alone on my figure....

    ...maybe I need a bigger brush? :)

    Once again...Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I only used one small brush for the whole thing.

      Delete
  6. Wish I could bash out a fig so nicely in 45 mins. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment