Back to reality

Well, that was a weekend to remember! I'm now a happily married man. Myself and my beautiful new wife had a great time. 

Now I'm back at work.

The Viking-on-a-cork favours went down well and at least one bloke went home with 9 in his pocket so I may have even converted someone. 

Talking of conversions, while I was waiting on the microwave sterilising the wee mans bottles I decided to do a quick repair / conversion on one of my Bob Olley giant black orcs. I've come to love Bob's work and I reckon I'll do a post about his work at some point in the future. 

So this poor bugger had a wobbly halberd when he came through the post and when I got back I realised it had fallen off completely. 

So with a bit of drilling, some styrene tube, a placcy marauders banner and a bit of metal spear I now have a banner bearer for my black orcs! 

And here he is with his mates. A couple of them need to go for a dip but I'm gonna see if I can get these painted by the end of the week. 

I'm going to see if I can collect a couple of the more obscure go goblinoid units from warhammer starting with this one and then a unit of Hobgoblins and then a unit of Half-orcs. I'll start showing these figures soon. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations mate !

    And the black orcs unit looks promising, very messy (in a good way). Bob Olley,, there's so much to say about him and most of whatI'd say is very good. Generally his pieces are a hell to strip and a delight to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Dude. Looking forward to seeing the completed unit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the conversion and the unit looks great. And yes, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment